Your health and your eyesight should be your main concern, and Southwest Eye Institute is here to help you gain knowledge on this matter. September marks National healthy aging month and the doctors here at Southwest Eye Institute want to direct the attention towards your vision. Dr. Ellmans goal here is to bring the positives of aging to light and give you multiple tips on how you can slightly control the aging process. Many people are not aware of the precautions you can take so our staff has provided you with some very helpful tips:
- Wear blue light glasses when staring at a computer or phone for long periods of time
- Annual eye exams from your doctor
- Wear sunglasses when you are outdoors or looking at the sun
- Wear your glasses or contacts if you are prescribed
- Know your family history of eyecare and share this with your doctor
Incorporating these tips into your daily life will help significantly by slowing down the eye aging process and ensuring your eyes stay healthy all year long. If you have any questions in regards to your vision give us a call today at any of our locations and we would be more than happy to set you up with an appointment.